
What do I mean by "real" food? Food that has not been altered much, if at all, from its natural state. Food that hasn't undergone extensive processing. "Traditional" foods from around the world. Basically, not Hambuger Helper from a box, Fruit Loops, or frozen fish sticks.
When the latter is what you've been raised on (the majority of us have!), it's difficult to know where to start when yo want to make a change. I've been moving toward more healthful foods for 6 years and I am still light years behind many others.
These are the things that have helped me. I hope they encourage and educate you as well.
Books and Movies:
e-books*:
Get Cultured (Free!)
Blogs:
e-courses:
How to Cook Real Food - Nourished Kitchen
A Peasants Feast: Nourishing Food on a Budget - The Nourishing Gourmet
Kelly the Kitchen Kop will start hers at the end of this Summer
Individual articles/posts/pages I've found helpful:
Where to Start on a Real Food Journey - Naturally Knocked Up
Budget Tips - Nourished Kitchen
Posts on this blog:
This post is linked to Real Food Wednesdays.
*Some of these links are affiliate links and I will earn commission if you make a purchase.
No comments:
Post a Comment