Pretty Pantry Organization


If you knew me in person, you'd know that other than cooking, I am a 'C' student in Homemaking class! I appreciate cleanliness, order, and design, but it mostly eludes me. God has graciously given me a husband who doesn't care (or notice for that matter) if our comforter and pillowcases match, who can't tell when I'm wearing makeup, and who is happy as long as there are eggs and butter in the house. Still, I feel a bit guilty that our home isn't more presentable.

I'm really not being modest when I say that I can't think of a single friend who is a worse housekeeper than I am. Brutal honesty, folks - I've never washed a window in my life and I've only mopped our kitchen floor once this year. Thankfully, my husband still keeps me.

The only thing my husband *does* care about is clutter. And he married a pack rat. *sigh* Alas, God may not have been as gracious to him as to me (kidding of course - we are blessed beyond measure to have every new day). :P When I do something like purge a shelf in a closet or throw out a stack of old magazines, my husband wants to propose all over again. ;)

When my friend Shauna offered these jars and canisters to us (thank you!!) I got all squealy-happy just thinking about them in my pantry. I finally got around to filling them today (weeks later) and look how gorgeous they are!!! My husband was pretty stinkin' impressed too - a happy day for all!

This post is linked to Things I Love Thursday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, yay!! so glad I could help!!

Michelle said...

I love your jars! I've been saving some spaghetti sauce, peanut butter, and other glass jars for pantry storage for a couple months now.

I, too, am blessed with a husband who doesn't mind a mess. Only, he's the packrat of the relationship.

I found your blog via frugal hacks and am now following you. :)

Eos Mom said...

Your pantry looks great!

I can totally relate, I haven't mopped or washed a window in ages. And my husband is very understanding (I don't know why). Sadly, though, my house is full of clutter. I'm working on it, but there's only so much time when wrangling two kiddos.

Anjanette said...

@Michelle - I save those like crazy, too. We use them for leftovers, chicken stock, and homemade nut butters.

@Eos Mom - thanks! I feel you on the two kiddos! Only so much time in a day no matter how wisely it is spent!!

Michelle said...

I've given you a blog award. :) Please stop by & pick it up! http://cookathome2010.blogspot.com/2010/06/award-and-warm-welcome-to-new-friends.html

The Wohlleb Family said...

Loved this blog mt husband and I have had alot of "clutter converstions". I dont know how but I just cant seem to find a cure for this house!

Related Posts with Thumbnails