Spaghetti Without the Noodles!


What can you use when you have no spaghetti noodles on hand or if you are gluten-sensitive and/or trying to eat fewer grains? There are plenty of gluten-free noodles out there that are still *noodles* but I'm talking about getting creative.

Our stand-by is spaghetti squash. My husband likes it better than noodles, actually! That's what we used last night:


If you need tips on preparing spaghetti squash, here are some great step-by-step instructions.

More ideas:
*thinly sliced zucchini
*thinly sliced eggplant
*long grain rice
*sliced and sauteed cabbage
*use lentils and make a spaghetti "casserole" instead!

What have you used??

This post is linked up to Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam, and Tuesday Twister at GNOWFGLINS.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Great ideas! We eat a lot of pasta and probably don't need all those carbs.

Melinda said...

I have tried spaghetti squash - but this sounds really yummy!

Alison @ Hospitality Haven said...

Yum! I actually have a recipe on my site for stuffed spaghetti squash which I'm sure you would love. :)

http://alison.blogsome.com/2010/01/28/stuffed-spaghetti-squash/

startcooking said...

Thanks for the link to startcooking.com!
Cheers,
Kathy

Related Posts with Thumbnails