Here is the pantry here at Hillcrest (if you are new, read more about the organization I work for in this post or by clicking the Hillcrest label over to the left):

So sometimes when I think about pantry food, I think about less than healthy, but very shelf-stable food.
And then there's the pantry of the family we got our CSA produce from this last summer:
A whole different monster!!!
As for us, we don't really have a space set aside for our pantry. You may not either. I've generally blogged about food that can be made with non-perishable or semi-perishable foods and I think that is a good place to start. I love this list of Food Essentials from one of my favorite bloggers, the Leftover Queen.
However, frozen food is also practically non-perishable, so your pantry may extend to your freezer. Or do you have a cellar? Everyone's pantry looks different. I hope for all of you this year that the common theme between all of our pantries is that they are well stocked. :) Here are a few more resources for you as you look to maintain your pantry and provide for your family from what you have on hand.
Kitchen Stewardship (specifically her very timely post on storing fresh food)
Sustainable Pantry Blog (She's where I'd like to be someday)
Once a Month Mom (learn about cooking once a month to save time and money)
Living on a Dime (awesome website from the author of one of my most-frequently used cookbooks)
Preparedness Pantry (yet another kind of pantry - emergency preparedness)
And to navigate around the posts on this blog for resources, click the links to the left under "Quick Navigation" or browse through the labels further down.
Cookbooks:
***Right now the Dining on a Dime e-book is on sale for 70% off PLUS 5 bonuses:
You'll get instant access to...
* Bonus 1: Saving On Cleaning Supplies
Tawra and Jill spend less than $10 per year on cleaning
supplies. This e-book explains how to use cleaning supplies
effectively to clean and save money. It also includes recipes
for making your own cleaning supplies.
* Bonus 2: Menus On A Dime
Menus On A Dime includes over 70 menus to make your meal
planning easier!
* Bonus 3: Eating Healthy on A Budget
Don't follow the crowd! Eating Healthy On A Budget shares
thoughts on eating healthy without dumping the contents of
your purse on the counter at the grocery store.
* Bonus 4: Is Eating Out Eating You Up?
Eating Out is one of the biggest reasons for personal debt in
America. Is Eating Out Eating You Up? looks at the cost of
eating out and provides great alternatives that cost
significantly less!
* Bonus 5: Money Saving Meats
The Money Saving Meats e-book gives you lots of useful tips to
shop better and use the meat you buy more efficiently. Money
Saving Meats includes lots of great reader tips to help you get
the most out of your meat budget!
If these five bonus gifts were sold separately, they'd go for over
$52! WHEW! That's a lot of goodies... and you get it all FREE when you grab your Dining On A Dime and Dig Out of Debt e-books for 70% off.
Go here right now and claim your copy before it's too late!
2 comments:
That is one SERIOUS pantry! I am so envious right now. I have a hording addiction. I love it though! Thanks for the link love! :)
Thanks! I'm flattered that you like our blog...And great pantry! This was my first summer/fall canning, and I'm still making my way through the tomatoes, and pickled goodies!
Post a Comment