One Bowl Pesto Supper

Mmm! I can imagine many variations on this theme, but last night we had white beans, chicken, and pesto. Only 3 ingredients (unless you count the individual ingredients in the pesto of course) and so yummy! If I make this again, I'll try adding some sauteed onion and diced tomato. You could also make this a vegetarian meal by replacing the chicken with pasta or eating just the beans and pesto with whole grain bread. And then there's this soup that I'm going to have to try before the season is over!


Chicken, White Bean Pesto Bowl

Ingredients: 
1 cup dry white beans (great northern or navy)
1 cup cooked, diced chicken
1/2 cup pesto

Directions:
Soak dry beans overnight to make them cook faster and digest more easily. Cook until soft. Alternatively you can use 2 cans pre-cooked beans for this recipe.
Mix ingredients and serve. Easy-peasy!!

Linked to Real Food Wednesday and Tuesday Twister.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I'm totally trying that!

Anonymous said...

We love beans and pesto, this sounds like a wonderful dish. Thank you for sharing on GNOWGLINS.
Blessings ~ Carmen

Simply Life said...

oh that looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

Yum! That looks awesome! Totally going to work that into my meal plan!

Related Posts with Thumbnails