I apologize for the unannounced hiatus. The holidays are busy here at Hillcrest (and everywhere else, I know) and it took me a while to recoup. However, I have written a million blog posts in my mind and have taken plenty of food pictures over the last two months, so we'll be on a roll now that I'm back.
One of the things I want to do differently here at EFYP in the new year is to focus more on creating a comprehensive resource than a personal memoir about pantry food. I wanted to enlarge my audience last year and so spent the majority of my time on advertising, giveaways, fun posts, etc. While I will still share things like that (look for another freebie next week!!), I want to get serious about eating from my pantry.
We happen to be entering a phase of transition in our lives that will lend nicely to refocusing here. In April we expect to move into another (Hillcrest) apartment that has two bedrooms!! Since we will be moving, I don't want to stock up on a lot of extra food right now just to have to pack it all up.
Therefore, the first part of this transition that will affect EFYP is that I will not be shopping for groceries from now until the time that we move provided that the move actually occurs in April. There will be a few exceptions to that rule like shopping for dinners to bring to friends experiencing illness or loss, and shopping for our church pot luck if I can't find anything appropriate here. Otherwise I will be doing my best to make our current food stretch and I'll be sharing the experience with you. There is a more detailed post about this to come.
The second thing to note about our moving is that I will have to start from scratch when we move into our new place which includes purchasing staples to stockpile and planning out our new pantry space. I am fairly certain that the kitchen in our new place is just as small as the one here, but we may have a linen closet to fill - in which case I'll get to post about labeling and rotating and all sorts of fun stuff.
I hope you'll continue to follow along as our journey unfolds before us, and I am looking forward to posting things to make your life a little easier and your wallet a little bit thicker. :)
1 comment:
We did that when we moved too - well, we didn't actually stop shopping but we shopped a whole lot less and focused on eating what we already had. It was great because it encouraged us to get creative with our meals!
Post a Comment