I love the philosophy behind this: set aside a day to use up what you have on hand, make a lot, freeze for later.
Money Saving Mom posted about a very successful baking day last month and just announced that she'll be doing it again today and invites us to join in! She'll be posting a Mr. Linky so there are sure to be lots of other bloggers to get inspiration from. I wish I could participate, but to be honest, I don't have enough clean dishes or counter space at the moment! My father in law made an unexpected (though welcome) visit this weekend and I can't get caught up.
I *will* be baking a pumpkin pie today though! I will share the recipe tomorrow. I'll be making at least half a dozen more this season and even be getting paid for some! I make a mean pie... what can I say?? ;)
In any case, hop on over to Money Saving Mom to see who cooks up what! She's listed her plans already and I'm impressed!:
Healthy Harvest Muffins
Cranberry Wheat Muffins
Pumpkin Apple Breakfast Bread
Cranberry Pumpkin Scones
Banana Apple Carrot Muffins
Whole-wheat waffles
Apple pie
Cook up rice and freeze
No comments:
Post a Comment